Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Travel: Thrifting at Camberwell

I think one of my favourite past time right now is thrifting, apart from cooking, baking and rearranging furniture around the house, that is whenever I can, lols.

To be honest, I've never thrifted in Melbourne before, and this time round when I was there, my friend, Fifi brought me to Camberwell Market. This flea market only opens on Sunday and I believe it starts at 10.30 or 11am all the way up to 1.00pm.

I cannot believe my eyes on what I found. It was like a treasure trove, waiting for somebody discover and take it back with them. While walking around, I found some really chic platters, hand blown ice cream glasses, some Wedgewood and Royal Doulton housewares, trendy accessories, jewelries, clothes and errr shoes too. I couldn't believe my eyes. If I was living permanently in Melbourne, I assure you a couple of the items would have followed me home. However, I didn't fail badly either. I found myself 2 really cool cake stands, a port bottle with 3 glasses for my mom, an Oroton Silk scarf, Portmans knitted cardi, a blouse and a skirt. What else? Hmmmph??

Like they say, "another men's garbage, is another men's gold"!

StephAnna

4 comments:

  1. You're not alone. Both thrifting and checking out flea markets are one of my husbands and my favorite ways to spend a weekend. Lucky for us, they just opened up a really great flea in our neighborhood in Brooklyn that's open every Sunday. It's my favorite way to spend an afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos. Good luck with your 30 for 30.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corrie, isn't it fun thrifting? I wish they had more flea markets back here in KL. Unfortunately not many. Hopefull I get to be back in Melbourne, and I seriously will go nuts on thrifting. Meanwhile, have fun hunting! Cheers, StephAnna

    ReplyDelete
  4. believe me when i say, i'm positively drooling over that birdcage. it.is.fabulous.incarnate.!!!! jealous. looks like a wonderful thrifter's heaven.
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog; 30x30 remixer...come on by if you'd like!)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there stylistas! We would love to hear from you and do become a follower too ;). For those who erm.. don't have nice things to say, perhaps it's better to hold your peace..lol.. Thanks again for stopping by as it sure makes our day! Huggsss

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...