Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Travel: Good Bye Yarra..Hello Mt.Dande!




Can you spot the city?


As we now say adios to Yarra Valley, on the way back we stopped by Mt. Dandenong. Since my parents were essentially the tourist, I role played as a tour guide and brought them up to what is Melbourne's highest point which is Mount Dandenong, or as some locals call it as Mt.Dande (pronounced as Dan-dy).

What can you see at Mt. Dande? Well if you have clear sky and not foggy, you can see that the Melbourne's city is right smack in the middle of all the suburbs. That is probably the place where you see more tall buildings and you will also notice that the land in Melbourne is pretty flat. Apart from that, like what most tourist do, we pose, stand around to snap photos of ourselves. The best way record every single moment in life. Don't  you agree?

[My first encounter with Ms. Marple's in 2009]

The scones, we never got to have..


The pies we had made my DAD a full and HAPPY man, lol.
For tea break, we thought of popping by Ms. Marple's tea house as I just wanted to let my parents try a different style of scone. Too bad, we missed a turn or took a different route back. This directed us at Olinda-Monbulk Road. Now, here's the part I didn't tell you. Since the day my dad arrived, he wanted pies so badly, but I've been delaying his crave. I think finally my dad got his wish, as I knew he must be secretly churning his vibe to the entire universe wishing to have PIE..lol. As we know it, we ended having pies at Pie in the Sky; apparently their pies are the best. A quote taken from their website "Pie in the Sky prides itself in offering not only an award-winning selection of pies..."

In my opinion, the pies are not too bad, and I'm not sure if they were the greatest. Selection wise; is plenty and you can be spoilt for choice. Now.. back to the city!

StephAnna

1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds like it was a pretty lovely day! great photos too :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there stylistas! We would love to hear from you and do become a follower too ;). For those who erm.. don't have nice things to say, perhaps it's better to hold your peace..lol.. Thanks again for stopping by as it sure makes our day! Huggsss

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...