Friday, May 27, 2011

Travel: Crown Towers @ SouthBank

the mosaic art piece, love love love the colours
I am so fortunate this time round. Why  you may ask? Well that is because my aunt booked me into Crown Towers at level 24 for a night. Can you imagine my excitement? Something that I did not tell you peeps earlier. I have family members who live, breathe, eat, and erm.. breeds in Melbourne for donkey years. Oh and also, according to my aunt not every gambler has the privilege to check into level 20s' onwards. She said and I quote after her "You've got to be a high stake roller". My eyes literally popped out of my eye sockets. I shall not mention the figure here. Yup.. if you wish, bring out your calculators folks, and start punching in the numbers. Do I sense some envy here? LOLs [just give me 1-2 sec to self-gloating]

Okay I'm back. To be honest, let me divert your attention away for all the roulette tables, jackpot/ slot machines, black jack tables and VIP rooms. There are a couple words to sum up the room I stayed in for just 1 night. It definitely has ID design involved, obviously right?!?!?

COSY. COSY.. COSY....

on me: thrifted cardi, mango blouse, M&S jeans, double layered scarf by dp & thrifted

1. Walls: Wall papered with neutral/ earthy warm shade and has texture which adds some edge and texture to the room. Has a mirror along the foyer which creates the illusion of the walkway to be long and deep.
2. Bed: Great fluffy pillows, king size bed, and a number of throw pillows that adds the final finesse and touches to the room
3. Side tables: I am familiar with the glass lamp design and if it's the original one, it should be hand blown Italian glass lamp. That's chic.
3. Bar: A tiny chandelier over the bar top that adds some glamour to the room.
4. Bathroom: His and her sink, a standing shower and a huge bath tub.

In a nutshell, the room is simple with clean line design; exudes warmth and above all luxurious.

disclaimer: I do not work for Crown, nor I get any benefits for sharing my thoughts and opinion of the hotel room. I'm merely a simple and happy traveller.

StephAnna

4 comments:

  1. Dear Joanna,

    I'm drooling over your photos. The hotel looks really really nice. Did I see a TV near the bath tub too? That's so nice!!! I'm sure you enjoyed your stay there :)

    Love,
    Pei Li
    http://www.peiliminiatures.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh you lucky thing!! I wish I could afford to stay at the Crown when I'm in Melbs but a friends couch usually has to suffice lol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pei Li. Yup there's a TV near the bath tub. Talking about being spoilt in comfort. Lol.. I do enjoy Melby to bits. Love to be able to be laid back for a change. Lol.. Hugs, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jamie! I felt pretty lucky this time and really appreciate the experience I had. However, I do hope to be able to meet you one fine day either when I'm down at NZ or perhaps we meet in Melbs? You know I stay with my relatives when I'm there, so I rarely get the hotel experience in Melbs too. Nothing beats living together with friends or family. You take care now and chat soon. Cheers~

    ReplyDelete

Hi there stylistas! We would love to hear from you and do become a follower too ;). For those who erm.. don't have nice things to say, perhaps it's better to hold your peace..lol.. Thanks again for stopping by as it sure makes our day! Huggsss

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...